Simple Home Dental Care Tips During The COVID 19 (Coronavirus) Crisis:
The current COVID-19 situation has created an alarming scenario as the dentists have been advised by the Indian Dental Association to currently treat the dental emergencies only, thus, suspending any non-urgent dental care until advised otherwise. By staying at home the chances of any accidental exposure to the coronavirus can be avoided thus protecting not only the patients but also the health care professionals as well. Some home dental care tips are discussed in this blog.
Dental treatment requires dentists to work at close proximity to the patient’s mouth, teeth and around the nose. Also, the dental treatment produces aerosols thus increasing the risk of infection to both the patient as well as the healthcare professional.
To help patients take proper dental care, here are some home dental care tips -
- For people with increased sensitivity, one should avoid consuming anything too hot or cold, as it would aggravate dental sensitivity. A few desensitising kinds of toothpaste can also be used which would help reduce the sensitivity.
- Unnecessary topical application of pain relief balms to be avoided as it may result in increased swelling.
- Brushing twice daily would help maintain oral hygiene. Use of mouthwashes can also be used to keep the infection under control, till the time it is safe to visit the dentist.
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitiser frequently to sanitise the hands and frequently washing the hands with soap and water for at least 20secs will help.
- Frequently cleaning the toothbrushes with soap and water and disinfecting it by immersing in anti-bacterial mouthwash would also prevent toothbrush contamination.
- The most common dental emergency is toothache for which it is advisable to take a paracetamol. In case the pain cannot be controlled, the dentist can be contacted who would assess and advise accordingly.
Visit the Aesthetica Dental Implant Clinic's website for more information.