Signs You Need To See a Dentist
Teeth are one of the greatest assets and important organ which humans possess. Whatever goes inside the mouth, is in constant touch with it and even later has after-effects on it after consumption. Human teeth serve the purpose to break down the food consumed by crushing and cutting hence making it smaller, preparing it for swallowing and making it easier to digest while it reaches the stomach. The various types of teeth serve their respective purpose while in action. Teeth are also a crowning glory which makes us look attractive. It makes your smile bright and attractive, enhancing your appearance. This boosts your self-confidence. It holds your tongue in various positions which helps you make various sounds while you speak. It also keeps your face in shape. Your teeth are connected to the gums which are connected to the jaw. Losing teeth can lead to misalignment of the jaw, which can be a very painful experience. Hence, having a healthy set of teeth is essential not only for sustenance but also for social allure and interaction. It is very important to keep them healthy to drive off serious problems in the future.
It is generally recommended to visit a dentist every six months for cleaning and a regular check-up. If there are any red flags in between, it’s important to get them fixed well soon than late. And if you’ve gotten busy with your work, and skipped a check-up, it’s important to take care of those warning signs. Let us discuss the signs you need to see a dentist
Here, are some Signs you need to see a dentist ASAP:
- Tooth Pain: It is one of the most obvious signs that you need to schedule an appointment. It is important that you visit your dentist and get taken care of, even if the pain subsides. Sharp toothaches or continuous ones are signs of a deeper problem and typically, the pain gets aggravated if left untreated. You need the dentist to look at it.
- Swelling or Inflammation: Hardened plaque under your gum line can cause your gums to swell. Inflated gums could be a sign of gingivitis and periodontitis. In such an issue, it is essential to visit the dentist soon and address the cause of swelling before it worsens.
- Sensitivity: Tooth decay can cause sensitivity to hot and cold. Once the surface of your tooth gets eroded, tooth decay makes its way past, towards the centre where blood vessels and nerves are present. Hence, the earlier you address it, the easier it would be eliminating sensitivity and future pain.
- Gum problems: Your gums need equivalent attention as your teeth. If your gums are inflamed, they get swollen with a spongy texture, the colour is changing to bluish-red, or your gums are having an odour, you need to make an appointment. The dentist will check for gum disease and subsequent damages caused by plaque.
- Bad breath: If gum, mouthwash or mints do not resolve the problem of bad breath, it is time to visit the dentist. It could be that you need to diligently perform the routine exercises of brushing and flossing. The buildup of bacteria could be a cause of bad breath, but it could also be a sign of bigger problems like gingivitis, gum disease, tooth decay, etc.
- White spots: White spots on teeth are among the initial signs of tooth decay. Catching it early can prevent cavities. White spots are a sure sign of infection. Patients, who have an infection in the root of their tooth, might not experience pain. Visit a dentist if you notice a spot.
- Canker sores: These are the tiny ulcers that can affect the gums, inside of the lips, cheeks and the tongue. Most canker sores heal within a week if the affected area is kept clean. But for many patients it can get severe, taking way too much time to heal or even spreading. Then, you need to see your dentist right away.
- Tooth loss: Tooth loss, while you’re a kid is fine, but when you’re an adult it’s a sign that you need to see a dentist. It is very easy to lose a tooth, if not taken proper care. One of the main causes could be gum disease.
- Stains on your tongue and gums: If you see unusual stains in areas of the mouth, it is necessary to see a dentist and discard any possible problems.
- Dry mouth: Dry mouth is surely Signs You Need To See a Dentist. Patients taking a number of antibiotics can experience dry mouth as a side effect. In chronic conditions, it could be quite miserable for those experiencing it. It could also lead to problems like gum disease. It is recommended to see a dentist help mitigate the problems.
These are the commonly observed signs which poke you to visit the dentist and get them treated before it worsens.
Aesthetica Dental Implant Clinics by Dr Kamlesh Kothari is a based chain of dental speciality clinics which emphasizes on implantology and dentistry. Headquartered in Kolkata, we aim to provide appropriate care for the people in Eastern and North-Eastern India. Aesthetica uses CAD-CAM and 3D printing in our digital dentistry practices.
Dr Kamlesh Kothari is an internationally recognised cosmetic dental surgeon and dental implantologist, leading the team and the practising doctors. The team of doctors regularly upgrade their skills by participating in various education programs.
We ensure the highest standard of hygiene, which are monitored by the University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Our high competence and expertise along with the eagerness to address the problems and build trust among the customers have helped us get the award for the Best Customer Service 5 years in a row